Sunday 12 June 2011

Sketch- Judith

I adore Artemisia Gentileschi's artwork and her 'self portrait' Judith slaying Holofernes is gruesomely gorgeous!
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemisia_Gentileschi)

So, here is my sketch for a Judith sculpture I'd like to start next.
I have chosen to take the route that is almost as popular for artists as Judith in the act of slaying Holofernes... Judith sneaking back to her hometown with the severed head!






Now, there has been a little delay with the sculpting supplies that I ordered, however, I do have the armature building equipment so armature construction will probably begin tomorrow... unless I get a blog follower's comment with a really great way to improve my idea! (Hint, hint: Constructive criticism is appreciated here).

I'll be working with Mark Dennis' armature technique. This will be my first time using the technique, be prepared for  'customising' of it to suit my own needs and maybe a little frustrated swearing.
Mark Dennis' Blog.

Finally, a special call-out and THANKYOU to Natasha from Morezmore who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to make my shopping experience a pleasure even with the delay which was definitely caused through no fault of her own and probably due to gremlins in the Australian postal service).
Click here to go to the Morezmore eBay store.

No comments:

Post a Comment