Tuesday 28 June 2011

Judith's Head

Here's my first head.

Apologies for the picture quality, I tried to take some with my good camera but it seems it has been a while since I last had it out and the battery was flat! As a result, this photo has colours which are a bit off and some weird distortion of the forehead and stuff but you get the idea.

(image: http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2002/04/afghan-girl/index-text)

The brows are a bit full-on but they look better when she has some dark hair draped over her head! I may strip some of the paint off and start again but I was also using the older pic of the Afghan Girl as a reference and she is quite dark, her nose wasn't quite right though so I made it a little less hooked. Her mouth isn't quite so tight and mad either. Maybe I had too many different reference pics?

(I am so ashamed of the picture but you'll have to wait for another day for a better one)

No comments:

Post a Comment