Sunday 28 August 2011

CDHM Competition Results!

Results have come through for the second competition I entered. I came second! http://cdhmcontests.com/

The theme was 'Fairy Tales' and since work had an opera performance of Hansel and Grethel visiting, I took inspiration for that (plus, it is a bit deliciously sinister for a teacher by trade to create a sculpture involving kids in cages!)

This piece is in 1:12 scale. I sculpted the figures in polymer clay (of course), painted and dressed them. The cage is made from wood and wire and the base is Aves Apoxie over wood and painted. I have used the lush, local Australian hand-dyed mohair to wig the characters. Hansel's bone is carved from a bamboo skewer. 

Now for some pictures!

(That's a metric cm/mm ruler)
Close up of Grethel.

My niece refused to go home yesterday, until I let Hansel out.
Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment