Saturday, 3 March 2012

Judith and Holofernes WIP

I've been working on Judith again today. In fact, I HAD finished sculpting her quite early but then when she was baked, her arm was singed so I had to resculpt it.

I originally thought it was a spike in the temperature of the oven but I'd never had a problem before. Upon second baking I encountered some darkening of some areas and realised it could have been because I added some Mold Maker to my mix to help with conditioning and flexibility of the clay as it has been sitting for a few months and had dried out a little. Luckily I will be applying some dark skin tone washes. Some parts darkened in the oven on the second bake but luckily look quite natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment